Wednesday, March 25, 2009

He Makes Me Brave

Last night I told John "I am going for my walk after I take the kids to school because it is starting to get warmer in the afternoons and tomorrow it is suppose to rain." So this morning I got up, didn't shower because I knew I would be walking around 9:30 and would shower when I returned.

So I take the kids to school and stop by the house before I head to the park (potty break) and then get in the car and get almost to the park and it starts to rain. I am not exaggerating the next part...I start yelling at the devil - I am so tired of you getting in my way and holding me back. I want to walk - for my health, for my kids, for my energy level. So I call John to tell him that I am sick and tired of the devil being in my way - he needs to move over because there is NO room for him in my life. John listens like a good husband and one that truly knows how much I want to walk this morning. So then I just say you know what a little rain never hurt anyone...I am walking anyway!

I get out of my car put ear buds in, turn on my music the song comes on and it says "...so long status quo, I think I just let go you make me want to be brave..." And there I was - walking my walk - a little rain never hurt anyone!! God is Strong and He makes me want to be brave - if I believe in Him it changes everything - the rain stopped. And I think I shouted - "Move over there is NO room for you"

I got my walk in, praised the Lord the whole time!
Got back to the house to re-read my devotional for today (Jorja was a little cranky this morning so I think I read it but I did not remember it)

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus Romans 8:1
If I had not gotten my walk in today then I would have felt like a failure and the guilt would have gotten me down.

Father, thank you for setting me free from guilt and condemnation. Thank you that Jesus resides in me and that I can be victorious and brave!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great testimony! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome testimony Kirstin!! I am glad you got your walk in and put the devil in his place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord, HE didn't let the rain stop you!

    ReplyDelete