Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Girls Weekend in California



It will take me a few days to tell you about my trip to California. My mom took me on a fabulous trip. We met up with my sister (who was in CA working that week) and my Aunt Claudia who joined us from Dallas. Our first day was spent touring Carmel and Monterey. WOW - the beach at Carmel is amazing. The waves are so big and the sound of the waves - well I can still hear that roar. I was in awe of another one of God's awesome creations.

We shopped downtown in Carmel - beautiful art galleries, unique shops, great bakery and coffee shop!! And everyone had their dog - it was so funny to see dog bowls and doggie treats on the sidewalk in front of the shops.

We visited Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch - and actually saw him! My mom and aunt said he probably thought I was a snob because I was busy taking pictures of all the beautiful flowers and he was walking right past me. We (Claudia) got a picture of him - it was pretty cool.

Then we drove down the coast to Monterey - the beautiful farms along the way. Wonderful crops of lettuce, artichokes, strawberries, and lots of things I could not identify from the road.

We stayed that night in Gilroy - the Garlic Capital of the World - what an interesting smell! More about the trip tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute, you have a blog!! I am so thrilled to finally notice that.

    ReplyDelete